Drupal Website Development
Among the many projects we underdake, working with content management system drupal is one of our favorites. Drupal has been around a number of years, but in the past 2 years, it has really hit its stride in the developing community. There are a number of extremely popular websites running drupal.
Popular Website Running Drupal
- The Onion Magazine
- Duke University
- The Grammy awards
- A. V. Club
- Ashley Tisdale Website
- Star Wars the Old Republic Video Game
Personal Interest Websites Running Drupal
Our team has continued to expirement with some of the powers of drupal by developing some personal interest websites.
- Jeremy Oms Personal Website - This website is quite basic and still uses the default drupal 7 theme. Sort of your basic personal blog website, drupal 7 was used simply because of the how easy it is to set up. The site was up and running within minutes so that content could become to main focus.
- New Church Center - Part of the new blood apps development section, New Church Center is fairly involved drupal 6 website. Some of the key functionalities include payment for priveleged access to certain areas, monthly reoccuring payments, a variety of complex views and blocks, forum implementation, and location based searches.
- 57 Cards - New Blood is proud to develop 57 Cards shopping cart functionality through drupal 6 and ubercart shopping module. A basic marchant site with payment processing through paypal, it is a perfect example of a complete small inventory online store. All developed in the great Drupal.
- Drupal 7 Host - A full service review site for finding the best place to host your drupal 7 website. The development was geared towards getting quality content delivered with very basic customized content development. Once again, a perfect example of the simple power drupal has to create a very powerful and organized website with very little development cost.
- New Food Center - Another part of the new blood apps. New Food Center has a variety of complex drupal parts including a number of custom developed plugins. These plugins serve everything from Recipe development to localized discount searching.
Value in Using Drupal
Drupal quite simply is one of the most powerful systems websites can run on now.
Development - For developers, the modularized scructure is so powerful, you can develop a powerful solution one time for doing something and then reuse that solution over and over again.
Design - For site designers, the templating structure is so powerful that your blocked areas simply fall into place with ease. With greater and greater power coming in html 5 and new ways of taking advantage of CSS, develop a proficient drupal theme for your website is absolutely critical to gaining full advantage of every aspect of your website.
SEO - Drupal has many ways of making your content extremely visible to search engines. SEO is of top priority to almost all website running on Drupal, so the design simply incorporates this entirely through all sorts of in site and on page search engine optimization implementations. The size of your business no longer matters, it is now the power of presentation and visibility.
Ease of Content Creation - Creating content in drupal 6 and 7 is quite easy. With the power to update and add content that automatically fills in the appropriate areas of your website, you site is always fresh and up-to-date.
If your web development hasn't at least discussed the possibility of using Drupal in your website, you may want to ask them why not?
Drupal 7 vs Drupal 6
Drupal has had three major releases that grew their community drastically. Version 5 was their initial winning release. But it wasn't until drupal 6 that some really exciting things began to happen. Module developers continued to push the envelope on what drupal functionality could do. The growth was astounding. Finally, drupal 7 was under development and with the major popularity of drupal 6 in its path, drupal 7 was arriving under high expectations. To this point, drupal 7 has implemented some amazing core updates and smart ways of doing things.
In essence, development on web has changed forever for teams like us that have been doing it for so long. The power we own by developing on a baseline content management system like drupal allows for extremely quick site development with some powerful capabilities right at our fingertips.