In the process of doing some wordpress configurations for a client of ours that is producing most content in Japanese, we ran into an interesting issue. Typically wordpress will allow you to use the pretty url re-write option and things work out just fine. In this particular instance, we found that working with Japanese characters caused the permalinks created by wordpress to not correctly work when being linked to from other pages. With working with the menu and dynamically generated links, things work out OK. But if you were trying to create a link back to the site from an external page or even from a search engine, things would get messed up.
What was found was that wordpress actually fails on any case sensitive link. So if you are using uriencode from php, this converts to an uppercase version whereas wordpress stores the uri replacement in lowercase. Therefore, the location of the links was not properly matching the stored URI location in worpdress causing for a return of “page not found”.
This confusing scenario actually has a solution with an easy plugin upload. Simply download the file and add it to your plugin directory to cure this issue. Then you simply activate the Plugin entitled “unFocus.Insensitivity” and you are all set.
- » Effective way to build good quality backlinks for your website
- » Drupal 7 Issue: Adding Image Removes Body Content with CK Editor
- » Drupal 7 Error in Page Title Module
- » Successful Entrepreneurs and Accomplished Olympians: What Do They Have In Common?
- » Mediashower Interview with Newblood on Custom Web Sites for Small Businesses