We are all aware that more and more people are accessing the Internet “on-the-go” with the use of their mobile devices. People gain access to the worldwide web via their mobile devices (day in and day out) to do pretty much anything and everything which the Internet allows them to (check out their social networking accounts, do online banking, browse their favorite websites, go online shopping, etc. ). The explosion in the number of Internet-enabled mobile devices or mobile technologies concurred equally with the dramatic boost in mobile internet users worldwide. Of course, the business world was one of the first to embrace the strength and power of mobile technologies online.
With the inception of internet business marketing campaigns via mobile devices, entrepreneurs have found a faster and more accessible way to reach their target market. If you think about the fact that most people feel incomplete without their mobile devices, then a business can surely find a way to promote and market its products or services via mobile media. The steady shift in how many consumers access the Internet will become an advantage for many entrepreneurs to help them gain leverage, close sales, and increase revenues.
Marketing for business via various mobile technologies has proven to be a goldmine for many large-scale companies. Although small in coverage compared to large businesses, small-scale business can still benefit from the powerful marketing technique which mobile technologies have provided.
Yet, a number of small-scale entrepreneurs still need more convincing for them to accept, support, and employ mobile marketing for their business (or for some, creating their mobile presence). So, how can mobile marketing give small businesses a boost?
Current Mobile Web Usage Statistics
There are some small businesses that haven’t created their mobile presence yet. They haven’t completely realized how consumers are changing the ways they purchase products and services online these days. Of course, many of these entrepreneurs don’t know how mobile marketing works and how effective it is to increase their business productivity and profitability.
Let’s take a look at current mobile internet stats. These statistics may motivate more small business entrepreneurs to strengthen their use of mobile technologies for mobile marketing and inspire other small-scale businesses to put up their mobile presence.
- Smartphone sales bigger than PC sales. The increase of smartphone users also created an equal increase in the demand for access of business information and access. The massive growth of Internet-enabled mobile technologies, along with various software and applications, provided: a. employers easy medium of communication and collaboration to employees, b. customers to reach businesses, and c. businesses to communicate with customers and market products and services to potential clients.
- 86% of adults have cell phones and nearly 1 in 2 adults now use mobile internet. In first quarter of 2012, many reports have shown that online cell phone internet browsing is at its all time high. Many consumers are spending more of their time on their mobile phones than their PCs. As mobile devices improve, users accessing the Internet via cell phones and other mobile devices will become more common than ever.
- 62% of smartphone Internet users have gone online via their phone every day. The domination of smartphones and other mobile devices as medium for Internet access has become more evident.
- Mobile internet use will become more than double. Many studies disclosed that mobile internet devices will reach up to billions by next year. This means mobile internet use will increase resulting to more activities on online shopping and blogging, as well as increase access to business applications and software.
With these statistics alone, it is impossible for those small-scale businesses not online to jump on the bandwagon and experience the benefits of creating mobile presence. And for those who already have, regular strengthening of their mobile marketing strategies will definitely help a lot more.
Mobile Marketing Boosts Small Business Profitability and Productivity
Without the various Internet-enabled mobile technologies, mobile marketing can’t prosper until today which has brought about increases in business profitability. Mobile technologies have also helped businesses to increase their productivity.
The mobile technologies available today have definitely opened a new dimension in advertising and marketing of business globally. Potential customers and clients can now immediately notice or spot business using their smartphones and other mobile devices. Entrepreneurs can make use of various mobile marketing techniques such as mobile websites, mobile applications, banner ads, SMS (text) messaging, etc.
There are many opportunities to thrive in the business world through mobile marketing. Entrepreneurs can use the following to boost their mobile marketing strategy and increase the awareness of their business among their target audience.
- Optimize Websites for Mobile. Of course, websites have been a great help for most online business. However, sometimes websites can look crappy when viewed on smartphones and other mobile devices or takes a long time to load. If that happens, customers or potential clients will start to look elsewhere. Entrepreneurs must make sure that their websites are optimized for mobile browsing. If not, you can create a mobile site out from scratch. A business can’t afford to lose business opportunities which a mobile presence can provide.
- Signing up in social sites. Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Google Places, and other social sites have revolutionized an avenue where businesses can spread their online presence to reach their market. Since many people check out their accounts in various social sites via their smartphones daily, businesses can take advantage of the free advertisement. People usually check out new businesses through these portals.
- Running promotions through mobile messages. This is a strategy which can guarantee entrepreneurs that they can reach their target market. Compared to email marketing which can’t be read or even treated as spam, SMS (text) or MMS messages will surely be read. Mobile promotions can be a great and creative way to engage for customers to spot a business.
- Creating a mobile app. The possibilities are endless for a business that has a mobile app. Entrepreneurs can create mobile apps providing services related to their business. It is a new, creative, and innovative way of getting discovered and staying in the minds of potential customers.
Business mobile marketing can seem like a shot in the dark. But for those who have already started on their mobile business campaigns, mobile marketing has proven to be a very powerful tool to grow a business and gain more customers.