An important legislation to the small websites of world, the FCC is almost ready to pass a requirement that all Internet traffic be treated equally. This mean, even though Google and Facebook may consume the majority of the Internet traffic, they cannot be placed on higher connection speeds by the Internet Service provider due to the competitive nature of the Internet.
This is great news for the small competing Internet websites of the world. The competing market will no longer be given a distinct disadvantage of having a more limited amount of Internet speed from the user’s Internet Service Provider. This can be extremely important especially if your market is competing with some of the giant’s of the Internet.
On the other hand, there is a side that logically says higher speed should be given to the more trafficed websites. They have earned that right. This seems logical, but in the Capitalist society of the United States, competition is too important to give any advantages. Rules are thus put in place to make sure there is an equal playing field.
- » How Did I Get Here? Why Small Businesses Should Carefully Create Content for Their Websites
- » Problem Solving: How It Can Strengthen Your Small Business
- » Top 5 Takeaways from SMX West 2014: Great Tips for SEOs and Web Publishers
- » The fight against spam comments
- » Using Scribd to post PDFs on Your Website