An important legislation to the small websites of world, the FCC is almost ready to pass a requirement that all Internet traffic be treated equally. This mean, even though Google and Facebook may consume the majority of the Internet traffic, they cannot be placed on higher connection speeds by the Internet Service provider due to the competitive nature of the Internet.
This is great news for the small competing Internet websites of the world. The competing market will no longer be given a distinct disadvantage of having a more limited amount of Internet speed from the user’s Internet Service Provider. This can be extremely important especially if your market is competing with some of the giant’s of the Internet.
On the other hand, there is a side that logically says higher speed should be given to the more trafficed websites. They have earned that right. This seems logical, but in the Capitalist society of the United States, competition is too important to give any advantages. Rules are thus put in place to make sure there is an equal playing field.
- » Let A Chimp Help In Your Email Marketing Campaigns: A Mailchimp Review
- » Verify Your Server is Not on Any of the Major Spam Realtime Blackhole Lists
- » Getting the Most Out of Vlogging In Today's Digital Marketing World
- » The Secret to Developing a Mobile Content Strategy
- » Small-Scale Business: Size Does Not Matter!!