If you are one of the many people that have been infected by viruses or malware on your computer by simply visiting a website that was compromised, you will be happy to know that google has added a new service to let you know that “This site may be compromised”. The link will take you to a new page in which google explains the meaning of having a site infected and what damage it can do to the user.
Two notes to users:
- If you are a user and you see this warning by google that the site may potentially be compromised, don’t go to the page.
- If you are the webmaster of a website that is getting this warning, act immediately to locate and remove the potentially infected area.
As always, keeping your site listed within google’s webmaster tools will help to ensure that these issues are detected immediately. It is great that google makes this freely available to the public that otherwise does not usually have time to constantly ensure their site is up to date and secure from malware.
- » Drupal 7 Issue: Adding Image Removes Body Content with CK Editor
- » Mediashower Interview with Newblood on Custom Web Sites for Small Businesses
- » Comic: Customers Confused Intentionally
- » Effective way to build good quality backlinks for your website
- » Beware! SEOs Are Going to be Getting Desparate in 2014